The radiator is one of the most important components inside the car’s cooling equipment. It consists of a group of tubes that circulate water through a complete cycle inside the car. car using water pumps. It cools the engine and protects it from overheating and freezing at low temperatures; On the encyclopedia site we present all the problems that the radiator can face, and how to detect and check the amount of water inside the radiator.
The importance of the radiator
- It depends on how much water it contains, and each engine type contains a certain amount of water which differs from other engine types.
- It has a plastic measuring tool with markings that help determine the amount and level of water present.
- A specially prepared type of radiator is used for this and it is free of mineral salts, but it contains a substance that prevents water evaporation at high temperatures, and it also contains a substance that prevents freezing at low temperatures.
- The water it contains works to reduce the high temperatures of the car’s engine to protect it from damage resulting from high temperatures.
- It protects the engine from rust and the cooling system from corrosion and rust.
- the clear water: Sometimes some people use plain water for the radiator, but it works to deposit certain substances that negatively affect the efficiency of the radiator and the air conditioning of the car. It turns into vapor at its boiling point (100°C); It is recommended to use appropriate types of water.
- green water: Green water is used for small engine cars because it contains low density oily liquid, and the water contains silica, and its evaporation rate is 120 degrees Celsius, and its shelf life does not exceed not two years.
- Red water: It is used for cars with large engines and does not contain silica. It is a high density oily liquid which evaporates at a temperature of 120 degrees Celsius. Its default service life is 5 years.
- Presence of deposits in his tubes.
- The welding of the radiator has disintegrated due to violent movements of the car, which leads to water leaks.
- The accumulation of insects, which increases the blockage of the pipes, and it must be kept clean and constantly cleaned.
- The walls of the pipes crack from the inside due to the use of non-distilled water which freezes at low temperatures in winter.
- The presence of holes in the pipes following exposure to small stones that are scattered on the highways during travel.
- Damage to the gasket resulting in water vapor leakage.
Reasons for the lack of water from the radiator
- The thermostat, the part that regulates temperatures, has malfunctioned.
- The presence of holes or blockages in the pipes.
- Presence of air inside the cooling system.
- Water pump failure.
- There are holes in the raindrop.
- The use of air conditioning is important in winter and summer, because it uses a large amount of water, which leads to a lack of water from the radiator.
Reasons to boil the water in the radiator
- The cooling fan is damaged, which increases the temperature of the engine and thus increases the temperature of the water until it boils.
- Damage and malfunction of the thermostat responsible for the circulation of water in the pipes specified for it, which leads to an increase in engine temperature and the water becomes thicker.
- Destroy the radiator cap.
How to check radiator water
- determine the water flow in the external tank and ensure that it reaches the appropriate mark; If it is lower than specified, the water should be increased to the appropriate level.
- Make sure all parts of the pipes are connected and there are no holes or leaks; If it has holes, deformations, cracks or bulges in certain parts, it must be replaced.
- Open the radiator cap and check the water level by looking. If the water is less than 3cm, then that is the appropriate amount, but if the water cannot be seen, the water should be increased.
- If the color of the water changes, the water must be completely changed.
- When you see rust or impurities on the surface of the water, it should be changed.
Important : Get the Hijri and Gregorian calendar app
Topics we recommend:
Leave a Reply