Learn from this article from an encyclopedia about the faults of hybrid cars if you want to buy them, and they are known as hybrid cars, which are some of the latest discoveries by international companies in making cars that can work with either a gasoline or diesel engine, which is the engine known in its operation, or with an electric motor by electric batteries, this technology combines the two engines together and one of the main reasons for their manufacture is the high price of gasoline, and on the other hand the search for an alternative energy source for non-renewable energy from gasoline and at the same time safe so that electrical energy becomes the ideal solution.
It should be noted that hybrid cars have met with great success and popularity when they were launched in the markets around the world and have gained great popularity because they save fuel which can only be used for necessary places that require high speed, while the electric motor can generally be used at low speed.
Types of hybrid car systems
Before discussing the faults of this type of car, you can learn in detail about its working mechanism, which is divided into three types of systems, namely:
Parallel system cars
- It is one of the most important types manufactured by international companies on a large scale.
- Its working mechanism depends on the gasoline engine through which power is generated and transmitted to the wheels to move the car, and this is done by relying on the electric motor.
Sequential system cars
- It represents the rarest type of system, as many international companies are not interested in manufacturing it due to the development of new systems.
- Its working mechanism is based on electric motors that obtain energy to run the car through a gasoline engine, without the need for a means of transmission.
- After generating energy, it is transmitted to the wheels, so that the car is ready to roll.
Series and parallel system cars
These are cars that combine the two previous systems and are distinguished by their operating mechanism in that the gasoline engine and the electric motor can operate simultaneously, unlike the series or parallel system, which also means that one of the motors can work.
Advantages of hybrid cars
Hybrid cars have many advantages that make them popular and popular in the world, and these advantages are as follows:
- It does not quickly damage the car, which reduces the need for maintenance to repair it.
- Environmentally friendly cars if they rely solely on the electric motor as the amount of exhaust they emit is low compared to regular cars which rely on a gasoline engine.
- Cars that can be used safely do not pose a threat to the lives of drivers because the batteries operate at the highest possible voltage and their electrical circuits are safe.
- It costs more when sold used.
- Less quiet than conventional cars as it does not produce loud noise when operating.
- This greatly helps in saving energy as the materials made from it are lighter than normal cars, which also allows them to travel longer distances, up to 96 kilometers per gallon.
- Its battery is recharged via the brakes, which means you can drive it non-stop to recharge it.
- It can be driven in various weather conditions.
Disadvantages of hybrid cars
- The most important disadvantage of this type of car is that its prices are not affordable for everyone, since its cost is high compared to conventional cars.
- The cost of the electric heater is high, and it is not easy to repair it when it malfunctions, which requires a maintenance technician with great experience and skill to repair it.
- It requires a lot of maintenance because it combines a gasoline engine and an electric motor.
- This poses a great danger to the driver’s life in the event of an accident, which can increase the risk of electric shock.
- The outside view is not unobstructed unlike classic cars.
- Its battery drains quickly while driving on winding roads and hills.
- Less powerful cars compared to traditional cars, because they combine two engines.
Hybrid cars in Saudi Arabia
Toyota, Hyundai and Lexus are the most important global companies in the manufacture of hybrid cars, and below we show you the most important types of these cars:
- It belongs to the Toyota Sedan group and the engine capacity is 2.5 liters.
- As for the engine power, it reaches 212 horsepower, and the car is equipped with a 4-cylinder engine in addition to a CVT transmission.
- As for the prices of the cars, they vary from 90,000 riyals to 130,000 riyals, and it is basically a mid-size car.
- It belongs to the liftback category and is equipped with a four-cylinder engine with a fuel capacity of 1.8 liters.
- As for engine power, it reaches 121 horsepower, equipped with a transmission.
- As for the prices of these cars, they range from 89,000 riyals to 90,000 riyals and more.
- One of the last hybrid cars produced by Toyota, as it is equipped with fifth generation technology.
- And its engine is equipped with four cylinders and a CVT transmission with a capacity of up to 2.5 liters.
- The storage capacity of its 2.0-liter gasoline engine reaches 154 horsepower, while the power of the electric motor reaches 51 horsepower, or 38 kilowatts, and the car is equipped with a transmission and 4 cylinders.
- It consumes about 24 km/kilolitre, and its price exceeds 100,000 riyals.
- It is one of the cheapest types of hybrid cars and its engine capacity is about 1.6 liters. As for the engine power, it reaches 105 horsepower and it is equipped with about 4 cylinders.
- One of the advantages of this car is that it does not consume much fuel, since the average consumption can reach 30 km / liter.
- A car equipped with fifth generation technology, and it has a comfortable and spacious interior design, as it is characterized by its large size, and the capacity of the gasoline engine is about 3.5 liters.
- As for its power, it reaches 354 horsepower and is equipped with a 6-cylinder, and the price of this car exceeds 300,000 riyals.
- One of the most prominent sedans, which has a storage capacity in its engine of around 2.5 liters and a power equivalent to 214 horsepower.
- Its engine is equipped with 4 cylinders, and its prices range from 170,000 riyals to 270,000 riyals, and it benefits from its comfortable interior design.
Instructions before buying a hybrid car
In case you want to buy hybrid cars, there are some guidelines to follow in order to avoid any loss requiring a lot of maintenance, namely:
- This car’s electric motor depends on coolant when it gets hot. High temperature can damage the battery, so this fluid should be checked regularly.
- The car’s electric battery should be checked on a regular and regular basis to ensure that it is not exposed to any faults.
- The brakes of the car should also be checked and the oil changed regularly, as well as the interior elements of the car in the front trunk.
Topics we recommend:
Leave a Reply